For over a century, Robert Bosch GmbH has been manufacturing industrial machinery and power tools. Noted for its skill in machining parts, the company brought its years of experience to bear on its line of power tools, creating some of the world’s most well-known tools for both home and commercial use. With their distinctive blue exteriors and German engineering, Bosch tools should provide excellent service for years to come.What kinds of tools does Bosch make?
Bosch manufactures a wide range of cordless and electronic tools and accessories. Some of the brands items include:
- Hammers: Rotary hammers, breaker hammers, and combination hammers
- Routers: Plunge- and fixed-base routers
- Saws: Circular saws, miter saws, table saws, jigsaws, worm drives, reciprocating saws, and abrasive cut-off machines
- Sanders: Random orbit sanders, orbital finishing sanders, tuckpoint grinders, and angle grinders
- Drills: Impact drills and wrenches, drivers, hammer drills, and right-angle drills
- Lasers: Leveling, alignment, and measuring lasers in pocket and floor models
Cordless tools are powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery is either built into the handle of the tool or snaps in place at the base of the tool. Snap-ins have an added advantage in that you can buy extra batteries, so you can maintain peak power throughout the working day without having to wait for a charge. Even though the tool is running on a battery, you will still get the same horsepower and torque as you would from a plugged-in tool.How can you maintain your Bosch tools for optimum use?
Regular maintenance on your part will ensure optimum daily performance and can extend the life of your Bosch power tools. Here are a few basic steps that you can follow after each use to ensure good performance of your Bosch tools:
- Cleaning: Use an old toothbrush and a soft cloth to wipe down any debris from tool casings.
- Lubrication: Be sure to regularly lubricate power tool parts as specified in the owner’s manual.
- Tighten fasteners: Check the parts of a tool held together by screws and other fasteners, and make sure to tighten as needed if they have loosened. Over time, repeated vibrations can loosen these elements.
- Electric cords: Regularly inspect any cords for fraying or cracking.
- Storage: Store your Bosch power tools in a clean, dry, and well-ventilated space. Moisture buildup can corrode electronics and rust the metal elements of the tools.