Why You Should Use a 35 mm f/1.4 Lens
Using a DSLR camera comes with the option of choosing from many types of lenses. A different lens is important for close shooting to distance shooting, and you have options for wide-angle or portrait shots. A standard lens that should be in all lens collections is a 35 mm lens, and you can find one from Canon who is one of the leading lens manufacturers in the world.
What are the Benefits of Using a 35 mm Lens?
Rather than a wide-angle lens or a telephoto lens, a 35 mm camera lens gives you a photo that is much more like what you can see with your eyes, making it much more realistic. Some of the other benefits of using this kind of lens include:
- They are compact: Almost all 35 mm camera lenses are compact, which makes them easier to carry and cause less bulk in your camera bag like other lenses. Because of this reason, many photographers use this as their go-to lens for travel photography and general day to day shooting when they are going to be walking around a lot.
- They are versatile: You can use a 35 mm lens for a number of shooting purposes, including street photography, weddings, product photography, architecture, and even macro shooting. Using one on a full frame camera will give you a standard landscape view, while putting one on a crop sensor camera will give you a longer focal length for portraits.
- They are a good middle ground: As a perfect bridge between a wide angle or standard lens, a 35 mm lens allows you to take portraits and photos in small spaces, as well as scenery shots.
Anything Else I Should Know?
Many photographers are using 35 mm lenses more and more these days. They particularly like them due to:
- Low-light performance: This lens can set to 1.4 aperture level, which provides you with excellent low-light shooting. Pictures that have been in dark rooms often looks like good lighting conditions were present.
- Forced interaction: Rather than shooting from a distance and using a zoom lens, with a 35 mm lens you need to get up close and personal with your subject, which allows for more interaction to get that great shot.
What is a Popular Canon Model?
One of the 35 mm f/1.4 lenses you can find from this brand is the EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM: This lens is a EF Mount L-Series Lens/Full Frame Format. It has an aperture range of f/1.4-22 and an Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor. There is a weather-sealed design and a rounded 9-blade diaphragm on this prime lens.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Canon.