Countertop mixers are time-saving appliances for anyone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen. They help bakers achieve the right texture and consistency for cookie batches, and they help cooks make everything from meatballs to butter. Mixers sold on eBay come with a variety of helpful features, ensuring that everyone can find one that suits their culinary needs.
Certified Refurbished Countertop Mixers
While buyers on eBay can purchase both brand-new and used countertop mixers, we also offer the option to buy Certified Refurbished. These are countertop mixers renewed and sold by eBay-approved sellers. Each of these products comes with a two-year hassle-free warranty, a like-new guarantee, and a free return/replacement policy valid for 30 days after receiving the item. We also regularly monitor our sellers to ensure they're meeting our stringent quality control metrics, ensuring buyers know they're only getting the best.
What's the Difference Between Hand Mixers and Stand Mixers?
There are two main types of mixers: hand mixers and stand mixers. Electric hand mixers don't have a stand. Instead, these mixers are held in place by hand when in use. For people with limited countertop space, hand mixers are often a good option as they can be placed in a drawer when they aren't in use.
Stand mixers, on the other hand, are a heavy-duty (and rather large) kitchen appliance. They consist of a stand, a large mixing bowl, and a mixer. Many of these countertop options come with a variety of attachments, which makes them suited to mix everything from sauce to dough. They're also stationary, which means these stand mixers can mix things without any guidance.
Stand Mixer Features
Stand mixers come with a number of great features designed to expand functionality. They include:
- Speed settings: All types of electric mixers come with multiple speed settings. Many hand options have three speeds while stand mixers may have as many as 16. The slowest setting is designed for bakers to mix powdery ingredients like flour without making a mess. This wide range of settings allows for wide culinary experimentation.
- Locking power heads: This setting keeps the beaters from knocking into the bowl when they are weighted with batter. It is especially important for bakers who intend to make heavy doughs.
- Timer: Some counter stand mixers come with timers, allowing users to set the duration of the mixing.
Stand Mixer Attachments
Countertop stand mixers come with a number of standard attachments, including:
- Dough hook: These c-shaped hooks are used to knead dough.
- Flat beater: These versatile beaters are a frequently used attachment as they can be used to mix everything from mashed potatoes to cookie dough.
- Wire whip: These whips, also known as balloon whisks, are used to whip cream and meringues.
- Pasta roller: This helps cooks to cleanly cut pasta dough.
- Grain mill: Grain mills are used to create fresh made flours from oats, wheat, and other grains.