Fastpitch Softball Bats
Fastpitch softball bats come in a variety of different lengths, from 29 to 34 inches. These bats are designed to accommodate different swing speeds and are made in a variety of styles, including Louisville Slugger, DeMarini, Easton, and Combat. The following questions detail information about this assortment of fastpitch softball bats.
How do you choose a bat length and weight?
Softball bats come in a variety of lengths. Common composite fastpitch softball bat lengths include 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34 inches. Your choice of bat will depend on a variety of different factors, some of which can include:
- League regulations: Some leagues may dictate that a fastpitch bat meets specific length and weight restrictions. For example, youth leagues typically want a fastpitch softball bat that is about 29 inches in length.
- Batter ability: Fastpitch softball bat weight and length can be chosen based on the skill level of the batter. Some batters will need long models to find the sweet spot. Others will prefer heavy models to achieve their hitting goals.
- Game variations: Some types of fastpitch softball may demand different types of bats. For example, those with a competitive arrangement typically want long and heavy bats.
What is the drop of a fastpitch softball bat?
The drop of a fastpitch softball bat is determined by subtracting the length from the weight. In many composite fastpitch softball bats, this is indicated by a negative number on the softball bat. If your softball bat weighs 20 ounces and is 30 inches in length, the drop would be -10 because you would subtract 20 from 30. Professional teams dont regulate the drop of fastpitch softball bats. However, youth, high school, and college teams do.
What are some fastpitch softball bat brands that are available?
- DeMarini: This brand of softball bats offers a variety of composite and alloy that include certifications from USSSA, ISA, NSA, ASA, and ISF. The weight drops range from -8 to -13.
- Louisville Slugger: Known for baseball items, this composite bat manufacturer offers fastpitch bats in series models PXT, LXT, Xeno, Quest, and more.
- Easton: This bat manufacturer is another that has made items for baseball, particularly fastpitch softball bats. They offer a variety of aluminum and composite bats such as the Ghost -10 and Sapphire -12.
- Combat: Combat has a history of creating a multitude of different models for baseball and softball, including the Maxum FP and the Team Combat Madison Shipman, all ranging from -8 to -13.