How To Choose the Ideal Case Cover For Your Smartphone
When it comes to buying a case for your Samsung phone, there are a few things you should consider. A phone case offers added protection to your Samsung S5 screen in case of any accidental drops, water and food spillage, bumps, etc. Here, learn about different shell form factors, materials, and various features to look out for.
How much protection does my Samsung Galaxy S5 need?
How many times do you drop your phone? How clumsy would you categorize yourself? Answering these questions will help you determine how strong your Samsung Galaxy S5 case should be.
- Tough casing - This type of Galaxy S5 case will survive a drop. The covers are constructed from multiple layers of metal and aluminum materials for maximum effect. Aside from protecting your Galaxy S5 from drops, scratches, and knocks, some tough cases come inclusive of specialized defenses against dust and water. The tough armor is a bit bulky than standard phone shells. Keep an eye out for military-grade drop tested models.
- Slim casing - Perhaps you do not want anything too bulky, or you do not want to cover your Galaxy S5's sleek design. If this is the case, then you can opt for a slim cover. The ultra-thin module will safeguard your Samsung Galaxy S5 against scratches on all the covered areas. This one-piece case is typically made of TPU, a highly durable material that also offers some shock protection.
Are there other form models available?
Aside from tough and slim casing, some common types include:
- Standard model - This type of cover protects the back and sides of your Galaxy S5 while leaving the screen fully accessible. This design is popular due to its light weight, excellent protection, and easy accessibility. They are typically made from polycarbonate and shock-absorbing silicone.
- Screen protector - These covers often leave the back of the Galaxy S5 exposed. Many Samsung Galaxy S5 devices are shipped inclusive of screen protectors that reduce the chances of scratches or cracks appearing on the touchscreen.
- Folio - Folio or wallet cases are pocket-friendly and compact. These Galaxy S5 cases offer all-around protection to your phone. Some of these types include a shell-type case inside while others provide little coverage on the sides or corners. Most of the folio covers are made of faux-leather or Polyurethane (PU).
What are the most common materials used for Galaxy phone covers?
Galaxy Smartphone cases are commonly made from a hard plastic material, but other materials can also be found. Some of the most usual choices include:
- Silicone/gel/ rubber