Access Your Desktop Using Microsoft Windows Computer Keyboards
Microsoft has been manufacturing computer hardware, software, and peripheral accessories for decades. A Windows keyboard is one of the primary ways you can interact with your computer and access its various functions. If you want to replace your current keyboard with a different one, you might like to know some of the types, interfaces, colors, and features from which you can choose.Are there different types of Microsoft keyboards?
Although most keyboards perform the same basic function of turning your typing into characters on the screen or actions within the system, different types of these devices do a variety of things. You may wish to choose a specific type of keyboard depending on how you plan to use it. These special features can be included in both wired and wireless keyboards. Some common types you may find in your search include:
- Ergonomic: Ergonomic keyboards are designed to make it easier and more natural for you to type. If you are typing long reports or writing a novel, an ergonomic keyboard may work for you.
- Gaming: These devices usually feature changes that might help you optimize your gaming experience. Gaming boards with programmable keys could allow your video game avatar to perform a complex series of moves with one keystroke.
- Mechanical: These boards have springs under the keys and share some features with typewriters.
- Flexible: You may be able to roll up flexible boards for storage.
Depending on the model and type of board you choose, you may have access to several features. Some of the most common features of these devices include:
- Enhanced keys: Some keys come equipped with multiple functions that could allow you to perform more than one task using a single key.
- Integration: You may be able to find an integrated board that has buttons or functions that incorporate easy access to video, audio, and other multimedia functions.
- Illumination: Some boards can light up in dark places or provide illumination to individual keys.
There are a few ways these devices can connect to your desktop. You can choose a connectivity that is compatible with your PC. These options may include:
- Wired: These devices use cords or wires to interface with your PC directly.
- Wireless: These units connect to your PC through methods like USB or Bluetooth and operate on batteries.
If you would like to be able to type in a particular language, you may be able to find a computer keyboard in the languages like: