Exploring the Nikon 70-200mm f/4 Focal Camera Lens
With so many camera lenses on the market, such as telephoto, fish-eye, and wide-angle lenses, it can be difficult to choose which one is right for which shot. For Nikon owners, one camera lens that is certainly worth its salt is the Nikon 70-200mm f4 lens. This is a telephoto lens with a flexible zoom range that produces good image quality for photos that are never out-of-focus, making it a versatile choice for any film camera lens portfolio. You can find this lens, as well as many other lenses by Nikon, as well as DSLR bodies, such as the DX Series, on eBay available from a variety of sellers.
What Kind of Lens is the Nikon 70-200mm?
After many years without a solid telephoto lens of this type, Nikon reintroduced this flagship telephoto model that is compatible with the FX digital, DX format, and 35mm cameras, as well as most F-mount cameras.
- Classified as a telephoto lens, this Nikon f4 lens is perfect for those far-away shots. Instead of getting close to your subject, simply whip out this Nikon lens and shoot from several dozen feet away, all while controlling your aperture and shutter speed. The demarcation f4 indicates the maximum aperture of the lens.
- This is a Nikon zoom lens, as opposed to a prime lens. While prime lenses have fixed focal lengths, such as 50mm, this Nikon f4 zoom lens has a variable focal lens of 70-200mm. This means you can control the zoom yourself by manually twisting the focus ring on the lens. A Nikon 70-200mm lens has a large range, meaning it has a great degree of flexibility in its viable shooting range.
- This Nikon lens is compatible on virtually every Nikon DSLR camera that uses interchangeable lenses. This means it is compatible with both expensive models, such as the D4 and D800, as well as more inexpensive models like the D40 and the D5000.
What Are the Advantages of the Nikon 70-200mm?
This Nikon lens is a highly-rated telephoto lens due to its large focal length and many strengths. These include the following:
- At an aperture of f4, this Nikon lens lets in a good amount of light while still providing that flat look characteristic of telephoto lenses. Simply turn the aperture ring on the side of this Nikon f4 lens to increase or decrease the setting.
- This lens offers more superior vibration reduction (VR) than previous models, meaning that you can leave the tripod at home and still get crisp, clear images. This is quite special, especially for a telephoto lens, where a tripod is almost always an essential piece of camera gear. The Silent Wave Motor also allows you to focus more quickly so you always get edge-to-edge clear photographs every time you push the shutter release button.
- This Nikon f4 lens comes with many physical components, such as a plastic bayonet HB-60 hood, a CL-1225 case, a LC-67 snap-on front lens cap, and a LF-4 rear cap. Its Nano Crystal Coat prevents ghosting and flare as well.
When Should I Use This Lens?
This Nikon f4 autofocus lens has a variety of uses, making it one of the most versatile Nikon camera lenses to add to your collection.
- As this is a Nikon AF-S telephoto VR lens, it is ideal for targets that are farther away, rather than close-ups or wide-angle shots. Its adjustable tele-zoom, image stabilization, and the ability to switch into manual focus mode simply and easily means you have ultimate control over your shot, far superior than the kit lens that came with your DSLR.
- This Nikon DSLR and SLR lens is extremely sharp, and the camera itself can generally correct any distortion that it may provide. Therefore, when you are looking for crisp images that really pop, this is the right lens for the job.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nikon.