Turn Back the Hands of Time With an OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch
If you are ready for a luxurious accessory that not only keeps you on time but also celebrates a special moment in history, consider the OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch worn by astronaut Buzz Aldrin at the first moon landing on July 20, 1969. This desirable watch will turn heads and stand the test of time with its handcrafted appearance. You can find a wide variety of these prestigious watches in new and preowned condition on eBay.Which features make these OMEGA watches unique?
Glance at these main features before deciding which luxury OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch is right for you:
- Chronograph - This feature simultaneously uses the display watch functions and the stopwatch abilities.
- Chronometer - If you need a higher amount of precision, this displays the seconds and longitude as well as a fixed location’s time and temperature.
- Calendar - This versatile feature gives you the option of a full calendar displaying the moon phases, days of the week, month, date, and year.
- Water resistance - The amount of resistance varies between different styles of the watch, ranging from 50 to 100 meters.
- Manual winding - This feature allows you to wind the watch mechanically.
Here are five appearance traits that can help you choose your ideal OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch type:
- Dials - These are the faces of the Moonwatch. They come in black, white, silver, gold, blue, pink, and gray and may have up to three subdials, varying indexes, analog displays, and more.
- Band - Along with the variety of colors, the band strap has different material types to pick from, including leather, stainless steel, titanium, nylon, and rubber.
- Tachymeter - This inscription measures the distance based on speed that is around the rim of the wristwatch. It also matches the watch’s color.
- Crystal - This embellishment protects the dial of the stylish OMEGA watch with scratch-resistant sapphire.
- Fasteners - You can secure the watch to your wrist with a folding buckle or deployment clasp.
The lower price of a used OMEGA watch is not the only factor to consider. Here are other reasons to buy a preowned Moonwatch:
- Value - A preowned OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch will vary by condition, and the cost of the watch does not necessarily determine its value. If the market price has not increased, then buying preowned gives you value and may be a better option than buying new.
- Selection - Another benefit to buying a quality used OMEGA Moonwatch is that you have more of a selection to choose from, including limited editions and exclusive or vintage collections.