Batteries and Chargers for TYT
Whether you have a two-way radio, a wired-base radio, or a ham radio, having reliable and consistent power is important for successfully using your equipment. A variety of batteries and charges can be found to power-up your TYT radios and devices.What types of TYT batteries and chargers are available?
- Direct-replacement battery: For two-way radios, replacement batteries are available. You can replace a discharged battery with another that you have on-hand for when you dont have access to an outlet or charger.
- Battery eliminator: These have contacts just like a battery, but they are connected to a wall cable, car-charger cable, or USB cable, allowing you to have a constant source of power for your radio.
- Desk charger: These allow you to charge your two-way radios battery without having to remove the battery pack. Simply slide the unit in to begin charging.
- Belt clip: These attach to the battery pack on your two-way radio so that you can then attach it to your belt.
Here are some tips for choosing items to power up your radios and equipment.
- Model: The model number of your radio or device will help you find accessories that are compatible with your specific two-way radio.
- Size: Different sizes of devices will require batteries with different capacities. Select the correct capacity size for the battery to prevent overpowering or underpowering your device.
- Usage: Consider how youll be using your equipment most often. For example, if you have two-way radios that you frequently use in your car, a battery eliminator with a car outlet adapter might make sense.
Properly maintaining your TYT equipment accessories will help keep them ready and available when you need them.
- Discharge properly: Though devices need to be kept charged to be ready for use, its important to fully discharge the batteries from time to time to help maintain the charge capacity.
- Protect: Avoid leaving radios, batteries, and other accessories in direct sunlight or extremely hot or cold temperatures for an extended time.
- Clean: Keep the contacts on all chargers and batteries clean to ensure a direct, even charge.
- Position: Keep devices in a secure place to avoid drops or falls that could break the outer shell or damage the battery components.
- Label: Keep all chargers and batteries labeled to enable easy matching with their compatible charger. This will help keep charging time to a minimum.