Choosing a Replacement Main Board for Your Monitor
When searching for replacement monitor controller boards, look for a unique bonded inventory program that eliminates potential problems that could arise, usually from an unpredictable supply of products containing raw metals and products with long or erratic lead times. Always ensure that you get the right replacement monitor main board.
What Are the Functions of an LCD Monitor Controller Board?
The LCD controller/driver has the following functions:
- RAM: The memory that is built into the LCD controller driver that drives the LCD module, this is also called onboard memory
- Character Generator : This is a library that converts the customer's data to letters, numbers, and punctuation marks. This is built into the LCD controller driver. The character generator is different for each language (English, French, German, Hebrew, and others).
- Segment Driver: The same chip that contains the LCD controller can also drive the segments located on the LCD. If you need to drive additional segments beyond the capability of the LCD controller driver chip, you can add an additional driver chip, but there is always just one controller.
What Are Some of the Applications for LCD Controller Boards?
LCD Controller Boards are available in various types of high-resolution, multi-purpose controller and harsh environment controller boards. Most LCD controller boards from manufacturers such as Philips, Epson, and Amulet Technologies are compact and fully buffered general purpose controllers for LCD screens up to 1920 by 1200 resolution. Some of the applications for LCD controller boards are:
- Broadcast video;
- Digital Signage; and
- Medical imaging.
How Can I Replace a Replace a Broken Laptop Monitor?
- Remove the screen bezel: After disconnecting the power supply and removing the battery, carefully examine the bezel around the screen. You'll need to remove this bezel to access the screws that hold the LCD panel in place.
- Remove the broken LCD panel: With the LCD's mounting brackets exposed, you can remove the screws that secure it to the lid. Then rest the display front-side-down on the case and disconnect its cable.
- Install the new LCD panel: Once your new screen arrives, unpack it, and make sure it matches the old one. If the dimensions, mounting brackets, and connector all match, you ready to install the screen. Connect the new panel to the cable, position the panel in the lid, and secure it using the appropriate screws.
- Test the new LCD panel and reinstall the bezel: Before reattaching the bezel, it's a good idea to test the new panel. Reconnect the battery and power cable and turn the machine on. If the display works, you can reattach the bezel and any external screws and rubber cushions.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Philips or any other brands.