How to Choose a Vivitar Camera Lens
Camera lenses can provide you with the means of taking a variety of photos whether you are interested in portrait photography or landscapes. These Vivitar lenses for Nikon cameras can come with a wide range of different focal lengths that extend from 5 millimeters to around 600 millimeters. As for the maximum aperture amounts that these lenses can be outfitted with, they range from f/1.2-f/8.What are some of the lens types available?
- Fisheye: This is a type of wide-angle lens with a field of view that extends as high up as 180 degrees. When a picture is taken, the edges of the photo develop a distortion that leads to the creation of a hemispherical image.
- Macro: This is a type of close-up lens that allows you to take a large picture of a small object. These lenses are typically equipped with 1:1 magnification.
- Telephoto: These are Vivitar lenses that come with long focal lengths. This allows you to take photos that are magnified and have a relatively narrow field of view.
- Wide-angle: This is any type of lens that captures images at a wide angle and comes with a short focal length, usually of less than 50 millimeters.
- Zoom: This is a type of lens that comes with a variety of different focal lengths, providing you with the ability to change from a long shot to a close-up quickly.
- Camcorder: This is a type of camera that is designed primarily to capture videos at either standard definition or high definition.
- Digital SLR: This is a type of digital camera that comes with a range of manual settings as well as a few automatic ones. They are also outfitted with interchangeable lenses.
- Mirrorless: This is a type of camera that comes without an inner mirror system, which causes it to have a smaller and more compact body. They can accommodate interchangeable lenses and usually come equipped with digital sensors.
- Point-and-shoot: This is a type of digital camera that is designed mostly with automatic settings and comes in a compact form.
These lenses can be equipped with several different types of focus systems, including autofocus, manual focus, and a combination of the two. An autofocus system is one that uses a small motor within the lens of the camera to adjust the focus of the scene automatically before you snap a picture. This Vivitar system will identify an object in the photo and change the focus settings accordingly so that you do not have to.
A manual focus system is one that requires you to change these settings by hand on your Nikon camera. This can typically be done via a thin ring that can be found in the middle or at the base of the lens that you are using. Some cameras accommodate both automatic and manual focus modes, providing you with the ability to switch to either mode depending on which you prefer.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Vivitar or Nikon.