Choosing a Zeiss Lens for Your Nikon Camera
Whether you are taking a picture of a beautiful sunset or are getting ready to go on vacation, Zeiss camera lenses for Nikon provide you with the ability to take a large variety of different types of pictures. These lenses come with many different maximum aperture amounts that range from f-1.4 to f-5.6. They can also be compatible with several different focus types that include autofocus, manual focus, and a mixture of both modes.What are the different types of lenses available to select?
Zeiss lenses come in the following options:
- Aspheric: This is a type of lens that comes with surface profiles that are not in the shape of spheres or circles, which can help to minimize distortion on the image.
- Macro: These are lenses that are designed to capture images that are very close to the subject within the photo, which leads to the subject being larger than life. These lenses are typically equipped with high magnification amounts.
- Telephoto: These are lenses that come with long focal lengths in order to capture an image that is magnified and has a narrow field of view. The focal lengths on these lenses are usually 60 millimeters or longer.
- Wide-angle: This is any type of lens that comes with a small focal length that creates a wide field of view. Wide-angle lenses usually come with focal lengths of anywhere from 4-32 millimeters.
- DSLR: This is a type of camera that usually offers both manual and automatic features for a wide array of settings, such as focus and exposure. They are usually equipped with switches that allow you to change to the type of setting you prefer. These devices are typically large in size and come with interchangeable lenses.
- SLR: This is a type of single-lens reflex or SLR device that can accommodate interchangeable lenses and uses photographic film to record and save the captured images.
- Large format: This is a type of device that uses large photographic film to capture photos. The sheet film used in these devices starts at 4.5 inches or larger.
- Mirrorless: This is a device that comes without a mirror system inside, which allows it to be compact in size. These models are also equipped with digital sensors and usually accommodate interchangeable lenses.
- Rangefinder: This is a device that is fitted with a rangefinder, which is a mechanism that allows you to measure the distance of the subject in the photo in order to place the subject in sharp focus.
This is a term that refers to the length between the lens of the camera and the image sensor that is found on the device. The focal length of a Nikon lens is listed in millimeters. Some of these lenses can come with a wide range of focal lengths, providing you with the ability to alter the length to suit your photographic needs. With higher numbers, the lens will be zoomed in more, while lower numbers cause the lens to come with a low magnification that leads to a wide-angle image.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Zeiss.