Capturing All the Action With a GoPro Camera Drone
When you need to capture all the action on video from an airborne vantage-point, a GoPro drone with camera is an ideal recording tool to have. These devices connect with your GoPro camera in order to take to the skies, allowing you to take HD video while also piloting a drone. While there are many off-brand video drones on the market, GoPro manufactures a true GoPro drone itself, and is a part of the Karma series. Many GoPro drones are available, as well as other items, like the waterproof HD Hero camera, a spare camera battery, and the HD GoPro silver edition camera.
What Are the Features of a GoPro Drone?
Karma drones are high-functioning drones designed to capture HD video from an aerial vantage point.
- One helpful feature that separates these from other camera drones is the Karma stabilizer. This technology nullifies the drone movement every time it occurs, creating a sharper HD image and steadier video quality so you can get the best shot. This has a similar effect to how image stabilizer works in a DSLR camera.
- These video drones also have replaceable arms, in case of wear and tear, and have an ultra-portable folding design, making it very transportable.
- GoPro designs Karma drones to be simple to use, as drone enthusiasts do not solely use them, but also athletes, photographers, and videographers who are recording a multitude of HD video material.
Which GoPros Are Compatible With the GoPro Drone?
The Karma drone is a quadcopter that uses four propellers to stay airborne. It has a maximum speed of 35 miles per hour and can achieve altitudes of up to 10,500 feet. It also has a maximum distance of up to 9,840 feet, and operates at a frequency of 2.4 GHz. Its battery provides up to 20 minutes of flight time.
- The GoPro video drone is compatible with a variety of action camera models like the GoPro Hero 6 Black, Go Pro Hero 5 Black, and GoPro Hero 4, which are all, in turn, compatible with the GoPro app. They all accept an SD card to store more HD photo footage.
- All of those camera models offer 4K video and can capture point-of-view video footage in either 30 frames per second or 60 frames per second. They also allow you to take a one-button wide-angle shot of the action so you dont miss a thing.
- These GoPro camera models are also all waterproof and highly durable, as you would expect. This makes them perfect for drone use, in case of any unforeseen accidents or rain, so you can continue recording in any weather conditions.
Which Accessories Do I Need?
There are many waterproof accessories available that complement your GoPro drone.
- Karma Controller is the ideal video accessory to have when piloting the GoPro drone. It is easy to use, has game-style flight control, and intuitive camera control. It also has a touch display to make navigation even simpler and a battery life of up to four hours so you can capture all the footage you need.
- If you are considering purchasing a Karma drone, you will also want a Karma Case. GoPro specifically makes these cases to house its video camera drone, and are therefore form-fitting and durable. They also feature a built-in shoulder mount, and even a place for the Karma Grip, a handheld tool for manipulating your GoPro.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by GoPro.